Thursday, November 11, 2010

Winter weeds? Oxymoron Right?!

What is going on? It is nearly winter and we are going to have more weeds!

Seems to me that weeds should be a dead issue (pun intended) now! However, I am very sad to
pronounce the beginning of a whole new "beginning"

Who have I offended? I am so tired of issues with dandelions, clover, wire grass, Dalis grass, crab grass
and countless others. Now you professionals have unleashed a whole new set of mortal enemies. Now
I am beginning to understand why in "weed world" the war is never quite over. Weeds, weeds and more
weeds! We just finished the aeration and seeding campaign and now someone is sending in the second
wave! I am tired and am not going to take it any more!

What do you mean, you are saying that there are weeds that grow in the winter with an entirely
different life cycle? Cold weather weeds! Just who do you pro’s think you are talking to: me "Harry
Neophyte of the gardens". I realize that lawn care is a small scale war, but please give me a break!

Just what are these tiny green leaf creatures that are popping up in my gardens and along the edges of
my lawn? I had just convinced myself that the battle for supremacy of the lawn had been won by me,
Harry Neophyte! Let me guess, these new weeds don't like summer heat and are on vacation in July,
August and September! Ha, I knew it! Seems crazy that there is something that grows and survives the
harshness of winter!

Such is life, stay tuned for tomorrow and the battle of Harry Neophyte and the Winter Weeds! Stay
tuned, who will win, what kinds of dastardly plans can Harry concoct in phase two of the battle of the
lawn!

BOGman,

Harry Neophyte, man of mystery

No comments:

Post a Comment